Friday, February 16, 2018
Monday, January 08, 2018
Have you made any New Year resolutions? It’s that time of year when many of us wonder about the fresh new year where we get a chance to begin again, to set new goals and make new choices.
Perhaps you looked back at 2017. For us, 2017 was our biggest year yet with 11 trials on our books and over 5,200 patients randomised during the year using Spinnaker.
At Spiral we have already made a few choices about what we are doing in 2018, they are:
- adding another server to our flotilla taking our total servers to 6. Five of which will be in Australia where most of our business now comes from
- aligning all our security practices with the ISO27001 standard
- completing 2 projects which are racing towards final delivery in March/April
- One of these projects is a collaboration between Australia and Sweden, two trials TAME and TTM2. I’ll write about that collaboration later in the year meanwhile you can read about these trials on our Spinnaker website. TTM2 Trial » TAME Trial »
- The other (REMAP-CAP) is in the final stages of development and is big news for future health both in terms of trial design (it uses our response adaptive randomisation module) and in it being the largest study on severe CAP ever conducted … read more about REMAP-CAP »
- to be curious, to challenge the status quo. This is how we improve Spinnaker and why we are always working on it.
- to be kind. Even in business, kindness is the foundation to good work, not just in our relationships - we try to make our software kind i.e make it easier for you to use!
- to participate. Sometimes the easy option is to do nothing, to participate is to care enough to be part of something.
Posted by Audrey at Monday, January 08, 2018
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Merry Xmas to everyone using Spinnaker
During the year you randomised patients, published results and initiated new research. 2017 is our biggest year yet with 11 trials on our books. 2017 highlights include:
- over 5,200 patients were randomised this year using Spinnaker
- TARGET(Monash) and NovelSTART(MRINZ) completed enrolments
- Bryn Gilbertson joined the team to manage TTM2 and TAME
- we added 2 new servers to our flotilla. We named them Platypus and Discovery (yes there is a new Star Trek series out)
Spiral continues to grow because of what you do. Your projects are the reason we come to work each day and the success of your projects is our most important goal. Thanks for being on board and using our software.
We are having a break over summer but be sure that OUR SUPPORT FOR YOU NEVER STOPS.
While you are playing cricket on the beach or eating too much ham, our infrastructure team will be monitoring Spinnaker, making sure everything is running smoothly and that your trials can be accessed when you need them.
All the best for the New Year!
Posted by Audrey at Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Friday, November 17, 2017
What a phenomenal achievement from everyone involved in TARGET. Congratulations because in just 18 months 46 intensive care units in Australia and New Zealand enrolled 4,000 patients.
That's an average of 7.5 patients a day!
The busiest day was the 4th of August when 25 patients were enrolled. Crazy!
And it wasn’t just enrolling patients and following up … there were so many bags of treatment to reconcile! … and so many large boxes to manage!
Congratulations to you all.
Posted by Audrey at Friday, November 17, 2017