We rely heavily on great communication and technology and I thought you might be interested in some of the software tools we use:
- Skype. For video and voice calls with customers and internally. We use the screen sharing function on Skype a lot
- Slack. For team chat and water-cooler type conversations. Some of our other apps are integrated with Slack so that we get messages when stuff is happening on other channels
- Bugherd. For reporting bugs and issues with Spinnaker. Some customers will recognise this one because you are using it
- dapulse. Gives us a way to visualise all our projects and deliver working, robust software in a timely manner
- Inspectlet. Records peoples behaviour using Spinnaker which we translate into improvements to our software that make your experience of it better or quicker
- Highrise. CRM that helps me stay organised
Im currently evaluating Zendesk but thats a story for another day.
My desk - a distributed office environment can look like this.