Working with other people and organisations to bring you the best possible result is something we are very practiced at and we very proud of our achievements in this area. We have numerous examples of successful collaborations. To date they include:
- SME's who have a great relationship with their graphic designer where the designer has primarily been working on print collateral and they now want to upgrade their website. As software developers, who also do some design, we are well placed to interpret the visuals and build the website or newsletter template.
- Historic Places Trust. This project, implemented late in 2009 was a collaboration between Historic Places internal marketing department who wrote all content for the new site, Datacom who supplied the content management software and Spiral who supplied the database and web programming plus detailed visual design elements based on pre-existing concepts.
- New Zealand Registered Architects Board (NZRAB). NZRAB have a database of all the architects registered in New Zealand. This information is shared with the public via the NZRAB website and via web services with the NZIA who manage architects professional development. Spiral is responsible for the technical management of this database and collaborates with the technical team at NZIA to enable secure sharing of some information and passwords across the two sites.
- Leave your ego at the door
- No-one likes to be left out - Include everyone in the communication
- Have well planned a strategic meetings when needed, distribute the notes to all involved
- Be honest and speak with kindness
- Speak up and if the group decides against your recommendation, get over it - see tip #1
If you have ever watched a team of Husky dogs pulling a sled you will note that it only works if they all work together - it becomes a tangle if one dog says "Oh, I think we should go this way today!"