Each year we do a pro-bono project for a community organisation. So far we we dont have a deserving candidate for 2011. Take a look at some of our past pro-bono work and apply to us at Spiral if you think we can help you.
Rotary Club of Hutt Valley - 2010
The Rotary Club needed a website to:
- Encourage people to visit the club
- Show the clubs history and provide a place to expand the historical information about the club
- Support new and existing members
The website meets the goals plus it provides a "members only section" for club notices and information.
Jackson Street - 2009
Jackson Street is a heritage precinct managed by a locally elected board and funded by a levy on local landlords. Many people contribute to making Jackson Street a success story. The street is growing in popularity, not just with the locals with people coming from outside the region to visit the street.
The old website was dated, boring and did not reflect the old world charm and diversity of the street so we revamped it.
MIRO - Mainland Island Restoration Operation - 2008
MIRO (Mainland Island Restoration Operation) is a volunteer group who work in partnership with Greater Wellington Regional Council in East Harbour Regional Park. To:
- protect and restore the natural forest and lakes ecosystem of EHR
- eliminate pests, both plant and animal
- see vulnerable trees, birds, insects and fish flourish again
- reintroduce native species lost to the Park
- encourage new volunteers
- support the existing volunteer network
- provide news about events and projects
The website includes our CMS and is simply maintained by one of the volunteers.
What we are looking for in a pro-bono project
As software developers we excel at providing software that meets the needs and goals of the organisation we are working with. We can provide:
- software development
- website management software
- facebook pages
- database management software
We work best with organisations that have a person committed to managing the web presence of their organisation and have strong content writing skills or the ability to engage a content writer for the website.
To submit your organisation for consideration please email Audrey with a short paragraph about why you need our help.