After the shock of Christchurch we, like so many others, took stock of our emergency plans. Our first priority is our people so we have upgraded our emergency kit, adding more water to it, extra food for us, and dog food for Myst. We've also made it easier to find in case its surrounded by rubble. After looking after the team here at Spiral our focus will shift to looking after our customers interests. People use our software to:
- update their websites
- manage their membership databases
- manage and sell products online
- send email newsletters and promotions
This software resides on servers in Auckland and Sydney. If there is a local earthquake we are confident that a customer with electricity and a computer they will be able to use our software immediately. Both server sites have off-site backups.
We write software that runs in "the cloud" so it's only logical that a lot of our processes are managed by cloud software. We also use other peoples cloud software, namely
- Basecamp for project Management
- Highrise for our Customer Database
- Google Apps for documents, calendars and email
- Xero for financial reporting and invoicing
- Nautilus (our software) for updating website content
As for that server in Auckland - we deliberately commissioned the servers that your software, databases and websites are on in Auckland, rather than use another excellent provider here in the Hutt Valley. We backup all our data, and your data, to our local server here in Petone to cover any Auckland disaster.